Sponsored Links

Jumat, 11 Mei 2018

Sponsored Links

I SPY Online Games: Play Free Games | Scholastic.com
src: www.scholastic.com

I Spy is a children's book series with texts written by Jean Marzollo and photographs by Walter Wick published by Scholastic Press. Each page contained a photo with objects in it and the riddles (written in rhyme) accompanying the photo stated which objects had to be found. To play I Spy, a child needs only the visual vocabulary of familiar objects.

Several video games based on the I Spy books are available for Windows PCs, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, App Store (iOS), Leapster, and the Game Boy Advance, including I Spy Spooky Mansion, I Spy Treasure Hunt, and I Spy Fantasy. These served as early examples of an increasingly popular hidden object game genre.


Video I Spy (Scholastic)



Background

The idea behind I Spy started after Wick arranged some items he was organizing and took a photo of them which caught the eye of Jean Marzollo, an editor for Scholastic. Marzollo wrote the rhymes and Wick took photographs of sets containing a variety of objects, many of which were handmade.


Maps I Spy (Scholastic)



Authors

Jean Marzollo is the award-winning author of over 100 books, including Help Me Learn Numbers 0-20, Help Me Learn Addition, Help Me Learn Subtraction, Pierre the Penguin, Soccer Sam, Happy Birthday Martin Luther King, The Little Plant Doctor, In 1776, Mama Mama/Papa Papa, and I Am Water, as well as books for parents and teachers such as The New Kindergarten.

Walter Wick is the author and photographer of the best-selling series Can You See What I See?.

Carol Carson Devine, the book designer for the first I Spy books, is art director at Alfred A. Knopf Publishers. She has designed covers for books by John Updike, Joan Didion, Alice Munro, Bill Clinton and Pope John Paul II.


I SPY Online Games: Play Free Games | Scholastic.com
src: www.scholastic.com


Book list

For All Ages

Classics

  • I Spy (1992)
  • I Spy Christmas (1992)
  • I Spy Fun House (1993)
  • I Spy Mystery (1993)
  • I Spy Fantasy (1994)
  • I Spy School Days (1995)
  • I Spy Spooky Night (1996)
  • I Spy Treasure Hunt (1999)

Challengers

  • I Spy Super Challenger! (1997)
  • I Spy Gold Challenger! (1998)
  • I Spy Extreme Challenger! (2000)
  • I Spy Year-Round Challenger! (2001)
  • I Spy Ultimate Challenger! (2003)
  • I Spy Super Extreme Challenger! (2009)

For Beginning Readers

Paperback Readers

  • I Spy Funny Teeth (2003)
  • I Spy a Dinosaur's Eye (2003)
  • I Spy a School Bus (2003)
  • I Spy a Scary Monster (2004)
  • I Spy a Candy Cane (2004)
  • I Spy Lightning in the Sky (2005)
  • I Spy a Pumpkin (2005)
  • I Spy a Penguin (2005)
  • I Spy Santa Claus (2005)
  • I Spy a Balloon (2006)
  • I Spy a Butterfly (2007)
  • I Spy Merry Christmas (2007)
  • I Spy I Love You (2009)
  • I Spy a Skeleton (2010)
  • I Spy an Egg in a Nest (2011)
  • I Spy an Apple (2011)
  • I Spy Thanksgiving (2011)
  • I Spy School (2012)

Phonics and More

  • I Spy Phonics Fun Boxset (2007)
  • I Spy A to Z (2009)

For Babies & Preschoolers

Board Books

  • I Spy Little Book (2002)
  • I Spy Little Animals (2002)
  • I Spy Little Wheels (2003)
  • I Spy Little Numbers (2003)
  • I Spy Little Christmas (2003)
  • I Spy Little Letters (2004)
  • I Spy Little Bunnies (2004)
  • I Spy Little Hearts (2004)
  • I Spy Little Learning Box (2004)
  • I Spy Little Toys (2005)

Square Paperbacks

  • I Spy Letters (2006)
  • I Spy Numbers (2006)
  • I Spy Animals (2006)
  • I Spy a Funny Frog (2007)
  • I Spy Hearts (2007)
  • I Spy Bunnies (2008)

Other Books

Sticker Books

  • I Spy Sticker Book & Picture Riddles (2012)

Novelty Books

  • I Spy a Christmas Tree (2012)

Special Books

  • I Spy Spectacular (2011)

I SPY Online Games: Play Free Games | Scholastic.com
src: www.scholastic.com


Games

PC and Mac

  • I Spy (1997)
  • I Spy Junior (1999)
  • I Spy Spooky Mansion (1999)
  • I Spy School Days (2000)
  • I Spy Junior Puppet Playhouse (2000)
  • I Spy Treasure Hunt (2001)
  • I Spy Fantasy (2003)
  • I Spy Spooky Mansion Deluxe (2005)
  • I Spy Mystery (2006)
  • I Spy Fun House (2007)
  • I Spy Challenger (2014)
  • I Spy Pirate Ship (2015)

Nintendo DS

  • I Spy Fun House (2007)
  • I Spy Universe (2010)
  • I Spy Castle (2011)
  • I Spy Game Pack (compilation of I Spy Universe and I Spy Castle, 2012)

Wii

  • Ultimate I Spy (2008)
  • I Spy Spooky Mansion (2010)
  • I Spy Game Pack (compilation of Ultimate I Spy and I Spy Spooky Mansion, 2012)

iPhone Apps

  • I Spy Riddle Race (2009)
  • I Spy Spooky Mansion (2009)
  • "I Spy Arcade: Critter Craze" (2013)
  • "I Spy Arcade: Fine Line" (2013)
  • "I Spy Arcade: Match Attack" (2013)
  • "I Spy Arcade: Spy Squares" (2013)

Leapster

  • I Spy Challenger (2011)
  • "I Spy Super Challenger" (2012)
  • I Spy Treasure Hunt (2012)
  • "I Spy Spooky Mansion" (2012)

Game Boy Advance

  • I Spy Challenger (2011)

DVD Games

  • I Spy Treasure Hunt (2012)
  • I Spy Spooky Mansion (2012)
  • I Spy Fantasy (2012)
  • "I Spy" (2014)

Flash

  • "I Spy Bingo" (2009)
  • "I Spy Puzzler" (2009)
  • "I Spy Mystery Match" (2009)
  • "I Spy The Library" (2010)
  • "I Spy City" (2010)
  • "I Spy : The View from Duck Pond Inn" (2013)
  • "I Spy : Rhyme Time" (2013)
  • "I Spy : Riddle Round-Up" (2013)
  • "I Spy : Catch 'em if you Can" (2013)
  • "I Spy : Make a Picture Online" (2014)
  • "I Spy : Write a Riddle Online" (2014)

Tag

  • I Spy Imagine That! (2010)

I SPY Online Games: Play Free Games | Scholastic.com
src: www.scholastic.com


Awards

The I Spy series has won numerous awards [1]:

Books

  • I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles (HC)
    • California Children's Media Award, Honorable Mention
    • NYPL 100 Titles for Reading and Sharing
    • "Definitely fun, and educational, too; this is a true eye-opener." -- Los Angeles Times
  • I Spy Christmas (HC)
    • Parents' Magazine Best Book
    • "Features gorgeously styled, full-spread color photos of many objects."--Publishers Weekly, starred review
  • I Spy Fun House (HC)
    • Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
    • "Sumptuously styled.... A lot of mirror mazes and magic tricks."--Publishers Weekly
  • I Spy Mystery (HC)
    • Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year, National Parenting Publication Award Honorable Mention
  • I Spy Spooky Night
    • American Bookseller Pick of the Lists
    • "A must, in multiple copies, for any Halloween collection." -- School Library Journal, starred review,
    • "Spectacularly eerie pictures chock full of hidden objects."-- Booklist
  • I Spy Treasure Hunt
    • 2001 Parent's Choice Award
    • "Intricate and ingenious."--Booklist
    • "Marzollo's structured rhymes provide the clues while Wick's stunningly detailed miniature village provides the hidden answers for readers to seek out." -- School Library Journal
  • I Spy Phonics Fun Boxset
    • 2008 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award Winner

Interactive

  • I Spy Treasure Hunt (CD-ROM)
    • 2001 Parents' Choice Software Recommended Award
    • Best Selling PC Games PlayDate 2001
    • 2001 Parent's Guide to Children's Media Award
    • The National Parenting Center's Seal of Approval
    • Choosing Children's Software Best Picks Award
    • The #1 Best-Selling Educational Title October 2001, NPD Intelect
    • Kids First! Endorsement
    • 2001/2002 BESSIE (Best Educational Software) Award
    • 2002 Distinguished Achievement Award Finalist, Association of Educational Publishers
    • 2002 Parenting Magazine's Software of the Year Award
  • I Spy Fantasy (CD-ROM)
    • Top Choice Software Award, Museum of Science Boston
    • All Star Software, Children's Software & New Media Revue - 4.9 Rating
    • The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
    • Child Magazine Best Software & Video Games of 2003
    • Parent & Child Teacher's Pick Best Tech 2003
    • Best Educational Software, Review Corner
    • 2004 BESSIE (Best Educational Software) Award
    • 2004 Parents' Choice Gold Award
    • 2004 Distinguished Achievement Award "Best Graphics", Association of Educational Publishers
  • I Spy Spooky Mansion Deluxe (CD-ROM)
    • National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA) Gold Award Winner 2004
    • All Star Software, Children's Software & New Media Revue - 5.0 Rating
    • 2004 Parents' Choice Recommended Award
    • 2004 Top Choice Software Award, Museum of Science Boston
  • I Spy Mystery (CD-ROM)
    • Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products for 2006
    • Dr. Toy's 10 Best Software//CD-ROM/High-Tech Products for 2006
    • Best Interactive Games of 2006, Child Magazine
    • Best of 2006 Technology, Parent & Child Magazine
    • 2006 Best Video Games for Kids, Best PC Puzzler - Nick Jr. Magazine
    • Editor's Choice, Children's Technology Revue
  • I Spy Fun House (CD-ROM)
    • National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
  • I Spy Treasure Hunt (Leapster)
    • National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
    • Parents' Choice Silver Award
  • I Spy Fun House (Nintendo DS)
    • The National Parenting Center's 2008 Seal of Approval
    • Kids First! Endorsement
    • Parents' Choice Recommended
  • Ultimate I Spy (Wii)
    • iParenting Media Award
    • Parents' Choice Gold Award

TV

  • I Spy TV Series
    • 2004 USA Film Festival - Finalist
    • Telly Awards - Finalist
    • Parent's Choice Award - Silver Honor Award
    • Chicago International Television Award - Certificate of Merit
    • 2003 Chicago International Children's Film Festival - Certificate of Merit
    • Chicago International Television Award - Certificate of Merit - Program
    • Chicago International Television Award - Certificate of Merit - Series
    • Daytime Emmy Award - Winner - Individual Animation (Pete Sluszka)
    • International Film & Video Festival - Screening & 3rd Place certificate
    • Literacy in Media Awards - Finalist
    • Parent's Choice Award - Silver Medal
    • Shenandoah University Parent's Guide - Recommended
    • USA Film Festival - Finalist

Games & Puzzles

  • I Spy Preschool Game
    • 1998 Canadian Toy Testing Council Three Stars
    • Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award
    • Parents Choice Approved
    • 2002 PlayDate Top-Selling Board Game
  • I Spy Flip 5
    • 2009 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award
    • Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award
  • I Spy Ready, Set, Silhouette
    • 2009 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award
  • I Spy Bingo Game
    • 2003 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award
    • Canadian Toy Testing Council Three Stars
    • Creative Child Magazine "Preferred Choice"
  • I Spy Memory Game
    • 1995 Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products
    • Duracell Kids Choice National Toy Award
    • Learning Magazine Teacher's Choice Award
    • National Parenting Publication, Honors Award
    • Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Seal Award
    • Parenting Magazine Best Toys of the Year
    • Parents Choice Gold Seal of Excellence
    • Parents Magazine Best Toys & Games
    • Working Mother Magazine
    • The Right Toys for the Right Age
    • 1997 Specialty Retailer Top Toys
    • 2004 Dr. Toy's Best Classic Products
  • I Spy Travel Game
    • 2003 Dr. Toy's 100 Best Vacation Products
    • 2002 Parents Choice Gold Seal of Excellence
  • I Spy 3D
    • 2008 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Seal Award
    • 2007 Dr. Toy's Best Vacation Products
    • IParenting Media Award
    • sCanadian Toy Council 2 Stars
  • I Spy Eagle Eye Game
    • 2006, Dr. Toy's 10 Best Games
    • Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products
    • National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
    • National Parenting Publications
    • Honors, Creative Child Magazine "Preferred Choice"
    • iParenting Media Award
    • Canadian Toy Testing Council Three stars
    • 2007 Learning Express Best Game
  • I Spy Private Eye
    • 2008 National Parenting Seal of Approval Award
    • Creative Child Preferred Choice Award
    • Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products
    • Dr. Toy's Top 10 Games
    • NAPPA Award Winners
  • I Spy Spooky Night
    • 2004 Canadian Toy Testing Council Award Three Stars
    • Creative Child Magazine Preferred Choice
    • Educational Games
    • Dr. Toy's Best Smart Play/Smart Toy Products
    • Dr. Toy's 100 Best Children's Products
    • iParenting Media Award
    • Nick Jr. Family Magazine Top 50
  • I Spy Monster Workshop Puzzle (63 Pc)
    • 1998 Working Mother Magazine
    • The Right Toys for the Right Age
  • I Spy 1,2,3 Floor Puzzle
    • 1998 Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award
  • I Spy Go Fish Card Game
    • 1999 Canadian Toy Testing Council Award Three Stars
    • Crayola Kids Magazine "The Years Best Toys"
    • Women's Day "Top Toys Under $10"
  • I Spy Snap Card Game
    • 1999 Canadian Toy Testing Council Award Three Stars
    • Crayola Kids Magazine's "The Years Best Toys"
    • 2000 Southeastern Wisconsin "Big Cheese" Toy Test

I SPY Online Games: Play Free Games | Scholastic.com
src: www.scholastic.com


External links

  • Jean Marzollo Website I Spy Page
  • Walter Wick Website I SPY Page
  • Scholastic I SPY Page

I SPY Fun House for Nintendo DS | Scholastic.com
src: www.scholastic.com


References

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments